Thursday, May 16, 2013
Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Friday, May 10, 2013
In honor of Mother's Day here are some standout and iconic movie moms:
1. Doris Day in My Dream Is Yours. Because Doris just seems like America's mom.
2. Maureen O'Hara in The Parent Trap. One of my personal Favorites.
3. Lana Turner and Juanita Moore in Imitation of Life.
4. Joan Crawford in Mildred Pierce. I restrained myself from Mommy Dearest.
5. Anne Bancroft in The Graduate. I never said they were all aspirational!
6. Barbara Stanwyck in Stella Dallas. A tearjerker.
Wednesday, May 8, 2013
Anais Nin has been "mentoring" me lately.
“How wrong is it for a woman to expect the man to build the world she wants, rather than to create it herself?”
“Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
“It takes courage to push yourself to places you have never been before... to test your limits... to break through barriers. And the day came when the risk it took to stay tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
― Anaïs Nin, The Diary of Anaïs Nin, Vol. 1: 1931-1934
She's a good one.