Saturday, March 13, 2010

Criterion favorites

When I don't know what I want to rent on Netflix, sometimes I just take a look at Criterion's site and get what looks interesting. It doesn't always garantee that I'll love or even finish all of them, but they do know some great and beautiful movies.


-The Red Shoes
I love 1940's technicolor and the 1940's in general. Victoria Page was an amazing ballerina and Boris Lermontov is an amazing actor in this.

-The River
Directed by Jean Renoir, this was the first technicolor film made in India. The colors are gorgeous and the story is one that can take you back to childhood.

wild
strawberries

My favorite by Swedish director Ingmar Bergman.

-Summertime
This film will make you want to book a trip to Italy.

-Antoine Doinel Series
I'm sorta tipsy and word can't describe how much I love Truffaut's Antoine Doinel series. So fun and playful.

cleo from 5 to 7
So very gorgeous and femimine.

-Notorious
Absolutely my favorite Alfred Hitchcock movie.

-Trouble In Paradise
An elegant classic.

-The Fire Within
Good and dark

Thelife Aquatic
I find anything by Wes Anderson visually inspiring and humorous.

No comments: