Monday, June 17, 2013

Moon Over Miami (1941)


I mean...

Sometimes when I watch movies like this I feel bummed that I didn't grow up in this era, but then I have to remind myself that this is just the movies. There was a war, there was awful genocide, there was a great depression a few years earlier, etc ...but when I see movies like this it makes me think everything was so much more glamorous and easy. It's the movies that were perfect. Everyone wasn't just hanging out at night clubs in Miami wearing ball gowns with their hair perfectly done.

1 comment:

Amanda M. said...

I know exactly what you mean. It's hard not to feel nostalgic when presented with beautiful and glamorous actors, clothing, settings, etc. As much of as a cliche as I'm sure I sound like, why don't they make movies like this anymore?

What beautiful stills! This definitely looks like a film worth checking out.